Thursday, January 13, 2011

Tom's Schmom's...Go GROOBS or GO HOME!


Groobilicious.
Groobtastic.
Groobified.
Grooberific!

Are you sensing a theme here?! Needless to say?
I just got my GROOB ON!



My Groobs, came in the mail today!!!!!


What are Groobs you ask?! SHOES!
G.R.O.O.B.S.
Giving Relief Out Of Buying Shoes.


Catchy little name-sure...but to be honest? I like their slogan of ...BOGO FIVE-O better! Buy ONE, they give ONE, and then? 50% of the proceeds go to the charity of your choice! YOUR CHOICE! So...when I bought mine, I liked all the listed charities-who wouldn't, I even picked some of my faves of "Operation Smile" "The Thirst Project", "Caring Bridge" and "Project Mosquito Net", but in the end? I opted for "Bombay Teen Challenge" A charity that my brother and sister-in-law are very very involved in! (Since 1990, Bombay Teen Challenge has worked to rescue and rehabilitate destitute and desperate people living on the streets and in the red light district of Mumbai. These people include women trapped in prostitution, their at-risk daughters and other girls vulnerable to the sex industry, street children who are in danger of being abused and exploited, abandoned and orphaned by AIDs and HIV positive orphans and those addicted to drugs and alcohol.)

So, at the end of the day....I have a SWEET pair of shoes....er...I mean I have COUPLE sweet pair of shoeS! (Uber comfy and really really really LIGHT!-I travel for a living-that's WAY important!) And the most most most most MOST comfortable t-shirt EVER! You know the kind that you have since you were 12? Well, it CAME like that! I'm smitten. It says "Groobs are for lovers"...I'm not so sure about that, but I do love GROOBS-I guess that makes me a lover! So, shoes, perfect t-shirt, and now, someone else will have a pair of Groobs...well, two someone else's will have Groobs, and Bombay Teen Challenge will have a little extra cash!

For fun, check out the Groobs website, highly entertaining, very real, and yes, yes I did go to college with that Jason Fry guy. Am I name dropping? HECK YEAH! IT'S MY BLOG!! (And be sure to check out thePicture of Nachos -best. ever.) And also for fun, check out Bombay Teen Challenge website too, if you aren't led to give, or buy shoes, let your heart be burden to pray.

Matthew 21:22
says..."If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
Mark 10:27
says "Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.

Now....get shopping!

*Warning* Do not leave your Groobs outside in the below freezing weather and then try them on....your feet WILL BECOME a part of the tundra that is the outside! Silly UPS men is scared of our snow too I guess-ditching my package by the garage door and leaving!!

1 comment:

The Scherms said...

LOVE the shoes and the whole deal that goes with them!! I'm going to have to look into some of these fab shoes!!