Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Go Bananas, and EAT THEM TOO!

Did you know that bananas were America's #1 fruit? Turns out they are! They aren't necessarily my all time favorite? (Cherries, Pineapples, Strawberries, Raspberries, are on top, but they are not a sure thing, year-round!) But they are the most consistent and EASY to eat! I love them...(Please note, that I take them from breakfast at hotels and never eat them during the day...for some reason, if I don't eat my banana immediately? I don't eat them...) Did you also know that a cluster of bananas is called a "hand" and consists of 10 to 20 bananas, which are known as fingers ("Banan" is also Arabic for "Finger"...now, I know two words in Arabic!) They are amazing...healthy...and come in their OWN packaging. God...is awesome. Down to every banana! And get this staggering factoid...."Over 96% of American households purchase bananas at least once each month." WOW!! That is a HUGE percentage! Bananas for president! What if we agreed that much over anything important! IMAGINE! My last, and favorite factoid about the banana is this...."bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier." So....lesson here? EAT BANANAS!!!! (Incidentally, I had a rather uneventful great day, slept in, did some returns, saw "Black Swan", and hung out with Momma Bear, so when it came blog time, I wasn't feeling so inspired, and I attempted a "this time last year", and I had no photos! But then my small banana picture caught my eye...taken the week that Caleb Junda was born! So, in doing research about bananas? Or looking for quotes about bananas? I've found some bloggers that have blogged about bananas as well! CRAZY! So...pick a fruit...do some research...and EAT IT!)

No comments: