Monday, May 26, 2008

Lake Champlain...a new "Great Lake"?

Oh Hysterical. So…I’m sitting in O’Hare…just sat down…break out my mac…and I know better….but I see anyway…is there free WiFi? I mean I know there can’t be…since there are signs all over…that it’s too good to be true. It is…freaking BOINGO spot…which is great for Bents…not for me…I can’t commit to that yet. So…now I am really questioning how Fitzy can claim this hot mess as her favorite airport? Also…on that note? I don’t really think the Sears Tower is that ugly….but I do agree that it is TOTAL crap to count the height with the towers…I mean really….it is like measuring your height with a top hat on. HYSTERICAL comparison. ANYWAY…so I sit down…break out the mac…as I do have work to do..and I hear it….corner of my ear…..”Are you from Chicago?” This…not directed at me…but the answer from the person was “No”…so now I’m really listening…since I am super nosey and if I can answer a question from a total stranger…I will…and I’ll love it! So…despite the answer being “No”…this guy proceeds to ask the question anyway…”yeah…that lake…what’s that lake that’s here…isn’t there like a big lake here?” The guy…who isn’t from Chicago…goes “Michigan?” But you’d have to hear it incredulously…cuz he wasn’t sure…since it was too easy…surely that wasn’t the lake he was talking about, but alas…it was. The guy, asker, is like…”Michigan? Yeah…sounds right….k…thanks”…so then they turn away to talk amongst themselves…and this? THIS is where the fun really starts. They say,” now what are the other ones? Well, Lake Champlain, yeah, Lake Champlain, um….Erie…yeah…Erie…and one more….we have Michigan….oh wait…SUPERIOR…yep…there are 5 of them.” I don’t really know where to start with this one…I was forced to put on my headset….maybe a little Josh Groban would be able to stifle the fit of giggles …and their voices. Can we talk about this? I mean I GET that I just did a few tours of Chi-town…I get that I’m a tour person for a living…but really? Did you never learn HOMES!? And so, okay, you have one of the lakes wrong….no biggie…but then you proceed to name 4 of them? Oh yeah wow! COME ON!!! So then…he dials out on his phone…which I cannot do the noise justice…but it was so loud that I was convinced it was the PA system that was dialing! Nope…him, thankfully….he didn’t have obnoxious cell phone voice…but I barely catch the part about how they, his wife, mom, and him just got back from Ireland, Britain, and France, and all I could think of was ….what poor soul had them on tour!!!!! LOL. Okay…so we’re good…I THINK! Until this happens…I am unintentionally catching bits and pieces in between songs. (LOVE JJ HELLER by the way…mad props to Aubs for hooking me up there! LOVE HER!) So…I hear…"no, we’re still on central time." Let’s do keep in mind we are waiting for non-stop to Newark. So…”mom” goes….."when do we switch? When we get home?" I turned the volume up stat. I can excuse the part of when he opens his laptop and asks me if the wifi is free…I say no…freaking boingo….I actually didn’t say that…I said no…you have to pay. He says oh…it used to be free, in NY it’s free. I put my headphones back on-I’m pretty sure that wifi in NY airports is never free with the exception of JetBlue terminal in JFK!…but all this not before “mom” says…so you can’t use it on the plane? This? This happening right now?? Regular riot. I’m tempted to take my headphones off…I mean…entertaining isn’t the word really. Awwwwwwwwwwww…they are leaving! They just made an announcement for “Passenger Mary Allen to recheck”…so they all got up, with their stuff and have headed off to the counter…..and someone stole their seat. Okay….well I’m done poking fun at seemingly nice strangers that think there are 4 great lakes and one of them being Lake Champlain. Look out Vermont…your lake just got stolen…and moved! You might want to ask him what lake he thinks Lake Champlain is....and steal that one! I wonder where poor forgotten Lake Ontario will end up.....! This picture? The Superheroes at Lake Champlain/Ontario/Tanganyika.

No comments: