Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hundred Dollar Bill

Sometimes...I'm just curious as to why we are so stupid. I mean seriously...God promises us so much more than we ever ever deserve....and we still fight with Him. I don't know...just how I feel. I was talking about it with a friend last night....and it's just true. We take things as our own, and we try to control it...and God just wants us to let it go so He can make it His...and better! Like I can't describe it...but you know what I'm talking about. It's like we have this hundred dollar bill in our pocket...which a hundred dollars? YAY...but the thing is? He wants us to give it back to Him...so that he can perfectly and infinitely MULTIPLY it, but yet....we hang on to that hundred dollar bill. And that hundred dollar bill? In the end? Will pay for not very much at all...but infinite multiples? Will pay for quite a lot. So why isn't it easy to give up? I mean it just makes sense! So..that's my current struggle...well, one of them.....letting go...giving it to Him...since it's not mine anyway. Grrrrr.

No comments: